Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Log Cabin by Gerry

Weave Structure: Log cabin

Warp: 16/2 cotton

Weft: 16/2 cotton

epi: 45

Notes: I apologize for the awful selveges. I tried everything to try to improve them but nothing seemed to work. If I would have had the time I would have replaced them with something else. I decided to weave log cabin so I could play with color instead of structure. I'll consider this a learning experience.

I took my first weaving lesson about 9 years ago. since I retired from teaching (high school special ed.) two years ago I've been able to spend more time weaving and spinning, It's been great! I like trying different weave structures and am hoping to try some 'pick-up' patterns.

This has been an exciting year for me. My first grandchild was born in Jan. and of course he's perfect! My daughter and her family live in New York which is about a five hour drive, so I don't get to see them as often as I'd like. My son just got married in April. They live in NYC and I'm hoping to visit them next month. I wove their chupah (wedding canopy) which was special for all of us.

I like participating in the weaving exchanges because it always amazes me what other weavers are doing. It helps energize me.

I hope everyone had fun.

Gerry
June 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home