Tuesday, June 13, 2006

West Virginia Coal Miners by Kathy


"The pattern for the bookmarks is an original design by me. It is a name draft that decodes as "West Virginia Coal Miners". It was created as a memorial to not just the recent miners who lost their lives, but to all the miners over the history of our state that died trying to make a living. I do not like the industry, but love, understand and appreciate my fellow Mountaineers. I hope that one day soon, their safety will matter more to old "King Coal" than the almighty dollar.

My name is Kathy. I am a 48 year old West Virginia native, married with three grown daughters, three son-in-laws and two grandsons. I have a lot of hobbies, including weaving, fly fishing, hiking, genealogy, quilting and protecting my beautiful states' natural resources and heritage."


Kathy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home